How To Look Like a Doll
If you’re a true doll lover, then you are familiar with the wide variety of dolls out there. On this site alone, there are a ton to choose from. You may or may not want to look like your favorite picks, but if you’re interested in looking like a doll, your first step is to choose which doll you want to emulate.
Porcelain china dolls have their own distinctive look. This probably isn’t something that you want to go for before you head off to school, but for a party or something fun, this could be the doll look for you.
- Start with a good all over face moisturizer and use it liberally. Next, white baby powder is what you’ll need to give your skin that porcelain look. Close your eyes and dust it all over with a big powder puff then go in for the details with a blush brush. The moisturizer will grab the powder and give it something to adhere to.
- Liquid black eyeliner is necessary to make the big, outlined eyes of a china doll. You’ll need a steady hand for this. Enlist help if you need to, because it’s no fun trying to wipe it off and put it back on.
- Fake eyelashes are a must. Long, stiff black ones. If you like, glass blue or crystallized green colored contact lenses will help you create the doll’s blank stare.
- Next, bright red or true pink matte lipstick. You will want to outline your lips (if you like, create the cupie doll look by drawing your lips round and fat – almost heart shaped.) Color in your lips with the lip liner before applying your lipstick, then coat with a thick clear gloss.
- Use the same blush brush you used to detail the white powder and dab dark blush in perfect circles on the apples of your cheeks.
- Voila! You’re a china doll girl.
Now if what you’re going for is more of a natural look, the kind of smooth look that might get you the nick name ‘doll face’, then you’re going to want to ditch the bright red lipstick and the baby powder white skin. Try this:
- Start with a tinted moisturizer to get the even skin tone all over your face like a doll’s.
- Your goal is to look as natural but as unflawed as possible, so you’ll want all makeup colors that look nude to your skin tone. Match eye shadows, lip shades, and blush to your skin or just one shade darker. For dark skin, follow the same guidelines for make up choice, but choose a blush that has a pink tone to it.
- Use your nude eye shadow and apply it from your eyelashes all the way up to your eyebrows.
- Use two coats of black mascara on your top lashes (cover them fully) and one (if you wish) on your lower lashes.
- Use a beige or light pink tone for your cheeks. Smile so the apples of your cheeks are apparent and apply your blush there. Blend it up to your hair line.
- For your lips, just dab your lipstick on your lips so it looks like a lip stain. Rub your lips together to make it look like your lips are just naturally darker. Tap them again with your finger.
- Enjoy your neutral, natural doll face look.
>>Back to Articles